Thursday, June 26, 2008

Locks of Love

Well this is something that I've been wanting to do for some time now.  However, it came to my attention that I will probably not always have a beautiful head full of hair.  This led to my decision to go ahead and grow my hair out.  But why, because in my growing out my hair, a child will be given this gift.  I'm going to donate my hair to Locks of Love and couldn't be more psyched about it!  Giving this gift is something that I won't be able to do for ever so I wanted to do it now.  So if you see me and wander why my hair is all kinds of crazy right now, that's it :) 


Here's the mission statement from their site:

"Our mission is to return a sense of self, confidence and normalcy to children suffering from hair loss by utilizing donated ponytails to provide the highest quality hair prosthetics to financially disadvantaged children. The children receive hair prostheses free of charge or on a sliding scale, based on financial need."

Something so simple and easy to do, but will bring so much joy to someone's life is awesome.  I encourage you to go out and help someone.  It doesn't have to be big or anything, it may just be making someone smile that day.  So I ask you, what have you done as A Random act of Kindness?  




No comments: